Emotional Intelligence Academy (EIA) is committed to ensuring full satisfaction for all our customers. EIA relies on its Return and Cancellation Policy to help ensure this satisfaction.
EIA reserves the right to change this agreement from time to time. Charges and payment terms may be changed in accordance with the applicable price schedule and terms. All other provisions may be changed by EIA immediately upon notice. Continued use of the services and materials following any change constitutes acceptance of the change.
EIA may suspend or discontinue providing services and materials to you without notice and may pursue any remedy legally available if you fail to comply with any of your obligations hereunder.
Online Training Tools
- Paul Ekman Group LLC will honour reasonable requests for refunds up to, not exceeding, three days from date of purchase.
- We require a explanation of your reason to request a refund.
- Once your refund is processed your account on www.paulekman.com will be de-activated.
- This policy applies only to online micro/subtle expression training modules.
- We are unable to refund for image set downloads.
- To request a refund, select “Online Training Support” from the Contact Us menu on www.paulekman.com.
Live workshops, consultancy, services
A payment of £400 is required to secure your reservation. This can be done via paypal either with your paypal account or via credit card.
This deposit is for the specific course and date detailed above. Cancellation charges will apply if you later cancel. You can defer to a later course in exceptional circumstances as long as the course is attended within 6 months – an additional administration and deferment fee of £270 will be applied.
Delay or Failure to Perform on our Part
- We shall not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed in the performing of any of our obligations to you if this is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control including (without limitation):
- an act of God, explosion, flood, fire or accident;
- war or civil disturbance;
- strike, industrial action or stoppages of work;
- any form of government intervention;
- a third party act or omission;
- failure by you to give us your correct details or notify us of any change in details.
Our Liability to You
- We shall ensure that all services you order from us are in accordance with these terms and conditions and shall be performed by us with all reasonable skill, care and utmost professionalism against the published objectives for the course;
- Where an element of your course is not provided as stated in the course objectives you must notify us within 7 days of the alleged breach. We shall then investigate the matter and if we have not delivered the services in accordance with the course content, objectives and guidelines you shall be entitled to:
- a full refund of the cost of your course (or, where appropriate, the relevant section of it) less any fees charged for changes requested by you. All course materials must be returned in these circumstances;
- alternatively, a course to the equivalent value of the services complained of may be offered, where such dates are agreed in writing by us. Travel, subsistence, accommodation and other expenses are excluded from this remedy;
- you must have attended the whole course and participated fully in the course and activities that are designed to deliver the course objectives.
- We will not be liable to you by way of representation (unless fraudulent), common law duty or under any express or implied term of the contract for:
- any losses which are not foreseeable by both you and us when the Contract is formed arising in connection with the supply of the services or their use by you;
- any losses which are not caused by any breach by us; business or trade losses;
- Our entire liability in connection with training services will not exceed the purchase price of the services booked less any amendment charges paid to us;
- Except in relation to death or personal injury caused by our negligence our liability remains, at all times, limited to the value of the services booked, excluding any amendment charges paid to us.
If your behaviour is deemed to be destructive or offensive towards the Trainers or other Delegates in a way that may prevent the published course objectives from being met for the group as a whole then you may be asked to leave the course and the premises. Your application form and contact details will be retained pending further enquiry.
No whole or part refunds will be made under these circumstances.